I founded Dungeons on a Dime (or DOAD) to help folx get into roleplaying games- a mission I have approached from all angles. The adventures, guides and resources DOAD make are inclusively-written and read for sensitivity, and aimed at readers of all experience levels. DOAD works exclusively with marginalized, young and/or entry-level creatives, helping them progress their careers.
Adventures on a Dime (or AOAD) is a rules-light system, perfect for new game masters and players alike! Everything you need to play is contained in four pages, and it’s written in clear English with examples. My goal when writing AOAD was to make a simple entry-point that introduced a lot of the common concepts and mechanics of larger TTRPGs. I’m proud of its simplicity, and how flexible it is at handling stories of all genres.
In AOAD, you play as an Adventurer. An Adventurer’s potential is measured with three abilities: Cunning, Vigour and Willpower. Each ability is represented by a die, which you roll when using that ability to resolve problems and handle dangerous situations. Adventurers can learn the skills for any job you can imagine. Conflicts of any kind (such as arguments or combat) are resolved quickly, allowing your story to flow quickly.
AOAD and Roll20
You can now get an automated character sheet, rollable Ability Checks, and a custom playmat for your games in Roll20. And it’s all free!
Beast Fables - Roll20 Spotlight Program
Dive into the Bristley Woods, a giant forest filled with tiny beasts. This delightful and daring show follows the characters of Balthazar (a knighted toad) and Pipistrelle (a messenger bat) as they try to make their way home. Using the AOAD system and playing on Roll20, Beast Fables is a great way to see how the system works, and fall in love with a charismatic host of beastly heroes!
Guest blog written by Brian Tyrrell
Roll20 Presents Recap:
- Lost Mine of Phandelver is only an episode away from its conclusion Monday @ 1pm PT. They’ll be taking on the Rime of Frostmaiden next.
- Indoor Recess took their adventures to the water as they head to kill a god, maybe. Catch them Tuesdays at 8pm PT.
- Indie Showcase rescued mabari puppies in the Dragon Age RPG and are checking out the North Sea Epilogues next Tuesday at 3pm PT.
- Burning Daylight had their series finale! Go watch the entirety of their Burn Bryte adventure over on YouTube.
- Against the Stars proves that failing conflicts can be good! Or at least entertaining. Watch them live Tuesdays at 6pm PT.
- Tabletop Tabletalk – did you catch the premiere of our brand new game master talkshow with Gabe James Games? Be sure to join him live Fridays at 10am PT and don’t miss an episode over on YouTube.
Follow us on Twitch so you don’t miss your favorite Roll20 Presents shows and find new creators.
Help us support Code2040! As a tech company, we are striving towards a more equitable industry and one of the ways we’re doing that is with matching donations to Code2040, “a nonprofit activating, connecting and mobilizing the largest racial equity community in tech to dismantle the structural barriers that prevent the full participation and leadership of Black and Latinx technologists in the innovation economy.” Learn more and donate through our Tiltify campaign here: http://roll20.io/Tiltify-Code2040.