Greetings gamers! Steve is back to share that coding insight, so let’s get it started with what’s new from our amazingly talented Dev Team!
Hi rollers, here’s what’s new in the Tech Corner.
On the Production Server
- Regular community Character Sheet, API Script, and Site Translation updates.
- Improvements to our Pre-Order system to make it easier for the Roll20 team to prepare and release.
- Game patches for every Wizards of the Coast product went out, including major patches to Curse of Strahd, Storm Kings Thunder, and Lost Mine of Phandelver
- Bugfix: Fanburst tracks after the first page should now start correctly.
- Bugfix: Corrected typo with card decks in-app.
- Bugfix: Character sheet defaults are now properly applied to character created inside a subfolder.
- Bugfix: Dungeons and Dragons styling now being properly unlocked on the 5e OGL sheet when purchasing newer Wizards of the Coast products.
- Bugfix: Marketplace Bundles page now displays purchase button on smaller resolution screens.
- Bugfix: Fixed a radial menu issue with the Select All function on the VTT when there was only a single token on the tabletop.
- Bugfix: Fixed several old failures to be handled more gracefully by our error handling.
On the Development Server
- Compendium rework updates.
I, Steve K, am back from the Land of Oz and am excited to talk to you guys about the great work the Dev team did while I was away. I had mentioned before I left that the new developers were going to cut their teeth on our backlog of outstanding bugs and boy did they deliver. The new developers are really proving themselves by diving into more complicated issues and starting to show some mastery of the codebase. The Dev team has been in a holding pattern as we went through the hiring and training process. This week really felt different. For the first time in weeks we closed some serious ground toward our commitment to polish the platform and lay the groundwork for cool new features.
On the Marketplace
Introduce your players to the horrors of Castle Ravenloft with our top-down map pack! This Addon features 8 full color top-down maps, following the layout of Castle Ravenloft from Curse of Strahd.
These maps were created for the Roll20 module by QA Manager Kristin Carlson.Traps, secret doors, and map keys are all hidden from players’ view, on the GM Info Overlay and all maps are enhanced with Dynamic Lighting.
*This addon does NOT include description handouts, character journals, or tokens. Only layered maps are included, enhanced with Dynamic Lighting.
New on the API One-Click Menu… Search!
This new One-Click API allows you to do advanced word searches across characters and handouts. Type ‘Search’ into the API One-Click field or look under ‘Utility’ for this awesome new script from Roll20 Mod & Script Author, The Aaron!
Sword & Scoundrel created by @Barbarossa
Grab your favorite ruffian and get playing on the newest community Sheet to hit Roll20!
The Sword & Scoundrel Character Sheet is feature complete and contains everything you need to play Sword & Scoundrel via Roll20.net - search the Sheet drop-down for ‘Sword & Scoundrel’ when you create your next game!
That wraps up another week of Community Corner - thanks for reading and keep enjoying those long summer days!