Roll20 is seeking to expand our User Collaboration team by bringing on additional freelance front-end developers and web designers as remote independent contractors. The ideal candidates will have a passion for efficient coding practices, UI/UX design, and accessibility. This contract will be expected to work 20 hours a week based on our current project roadmap.
Who is the User Collaboration team?
We are the creators and maintainers of ‘by Roll20’ character sheets and APIs. We’re always striving to improve our knowledge and skillset through intellectual curiosity. This knowledge is then shared with our creative community to help everyone come up with innovative ideas for supporting the games we love.
Job Skills Required:
- Keeping an hourly log and monthly invoicing
- Time management and discipline to work independently
- Ability to attend regular weekly meetings during a standard US workday (1-2 meetings a week)
- Remote meeting tools (headset, webcam, DSL or better internet speed)
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of UI/UX practices, responsive web design, or color design
- Mindfulness of WCAG
- Familiarity with DRY and KISS principles
- QA, code review, or other testing experience
- Adobe Photoshop
- Agile and Scrum practices
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Experience with multiple tabletop gaming rulesets
To apply, submit a PDF resumé to__ email@example.com __with the subject line “User Collaboration Contract”. Please also include a brief introduction of yourself telling us why you would be an asset to our growing team, a link to GitHub with coding examples, and which tabletop gaming rulesets you are familiar with. Additionally, you must include a link to your Roll20 account.