Roll20 is looking for a marketer to bring their curiosity and passion to our vast, multi-storefront marketplace. We are a licensed partner and distributor for the biggest names in tabletop games, as well as a home to a thriving indie creator community. You’ll have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of marketers, analysts, and more, gaining skills that will advance your career.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in D2C eCommerce marketing (digital goods preferred)
- Experience marketing a large product catalog to a diverse audience, with bonus points for experience with a two-sided marketplace (connecting supply to demand)
- Experience executing campaigns in both inbound and outbound marketing channels
- Experience developing & pitching B2B co-marketing opportunities with industry partners
- Experience organizing, editing, and publishing product/category/landing pages in a content management system
- Someone motivated, driven, and autonomous who acts like an owner
- Bonus points for familiarity with any of the following:
- Content management systems like Hubspot
- HTML / CSS (enough to tweak landing pages)
- Data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Grafana, etc)
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Complete orientation, become familiar with the product catalog, the virtual tabletop, and learn Roll20’s values.
- Learn how we work in cross-functional teams and the charters that guide each teams’ work.
- Learn the roles and skill sets of colleagues on the marketing and content teams (among others).
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Deeply understand the end-user benefits of every Roll20 product category (subscriptions, sourcebooks, compendiums, adventures, token packs, etc).
- Work closely with Publisher Relations & Content teams to develop simple, repeatable processes for marketing new releases to the right audiences.
- Identify and test some low-effort / high-impact marketing campaigns, incorporating anything promising into your own marketing roadmap.
- Have a working knowledge of the major players in the tabletop RPG industry and their primary product lines and offerings.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be able to articulate the end-user benefits of every Roll20 product category externally.
- Develop relationships and coordinate marketing plans with key publishing clients.
- Uncover opportunities in existing and new channels to communicate those benefits to users, including on product/category/other landing pages.
- Secure buy-in and execute on an evolving roadmap of marketplace marketing opportunities.
- Help pitch novel bundles, discounts, and other opportunities to publishers and creators.
- Develop and refine customer segments to ensure the right messages/products are reaching the right users at the right time.
- Take on work and projects that allow you to increase your depth of skill and knowledge as a marketer.
SALARY RANGE: $80,000USD - $105,000USD
Roll20 staff are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with our company values, we provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and 401k with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible scheduling. We are a truly remote workplace and include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
This listing was updated on January 10, 2023.