Roll20 is looking for someone to bring curiosity and passion to our QA role. QA engineers at Roll20 work on cross-functional teams to test and support code that drives the premiere VTT in tabletop gaming. Keep your skills sharp and learn new ones by supporting manual testing efforts, exploratory testing, and writing automated tests. You’ll have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of QA engineers, developers, and specialists; hone and gain skills that will advance your career as a tester.
THE SKILL SET
- Education, experience or portfolio that demonstrates knowledge testing web applications.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Experience with advocating for quality within teams
- Experience respectfully communicating needs, priorities, and problems.
- Experience working with customer service teams to debug and reproduce defects
- Experience reading HTML, and CSS to find bugs
- Experience with exploratory, regression, and functional testing
- Experience with tools and approaches for discovering bugs
- Experience with automated test concepts and best practices
- Experience writing test cases and creating test plans
- Experience with version control tools.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Cypress or Selenium
- TestRail and Jira (is a plus)
- Jmeter (is a plus)
- PostgreSQL or Mongo (is a plus)
- CI/CD solutions such as CircleCI and Jenkins (is a plus)
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Complete orientation, become familiar with the product, and learn Roll20’s values.
- Learn how we work in cross-functional teams and the charters that guide each teams’ work.
- Learn how to work in Zendesk (such as to respond to XP technical tickets)
- Learn how to work in JIRA
- Learn the roles and skillsets of other QA engineers and be able to find the best advice/information for yourself and others.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Bring your skill and knowledge as a QA engineer to your cross-functional team(s)
- You will learn how agile methodologies are used at Roll20 and how to work on a cross-functional team.
- Complete sprints and tasks that require functionally testing tickets
- Learn how to use the parts of the Roll20 product owned by your team
- Learn how to build automated QA tests
- Capture test cases for work within sprints within TestRail
- Use your skill and knowledge to communicate technical details to others (internal and external) who may not be familiar.
- Owning test suites running in automation.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Learn new skills as needed to achieve quality goals.
- Learn how to use the product(s) such as the VTT, mobile app, and other site tools, beyond the responsibility of your team.
- Regularly write Cypress tests
- Have opportunities to learn industry best practices for coding and QA.
- Learn technical skills to advance both your skill and your ability to find the ‘good bugs’.
- Learn industry best practices for testing, coding, and other guidelines as adopted by Roll20.
- Use your skills and experience to support the team goal of meeting QA demands in a proactive manner.
SALARY RANGE - $65,000 USD - $80,000 USD BENEFITS
Roll20 staff are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with our company values, we provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and 401k with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible scheduling. We are a truly remote workplace and include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.