Roll20 is seeking to hire a General Manager to lead the day to day operations of the company. This is a full-time remote position. You must be a resident of Kansas or Nevada, or willing to relocate to either state, to apply. A relocation package will be offered.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the product and have a strong vision for where it needs to go in the future. You will work with the Roll20 Co-Founders to determine the agenda for each development cycle, and then manage our team of contractors across various disciplines to achieve the goals laid out during the planning process. You will also set the overall “tempo” of the organization, to ensure that long-term projects are completed on-time and under-budget.
This position will have the ability to make a significant impact on the future of Roll20. We’re looking for someone with a passion for our mission to promote online gaming and camaraderie who can help Roll20 achieve as much in the next 5 years as we have in the last.
- Proven experience managing small teams in the development of a successful consumer-facing product.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized; proven ability to manage teams under deadlines.
- Experience with Roll20’s product and community.
- Creativity, thoughtfulness, and and a willingness to learn.
In addition to the requirements above, we will prioritize candidates who:
- Have a strong working knowledge of the tabletop gaming industry.
- Have a strong background (degree or equivalent work experience) in either web application development or human resources.
- Have experience in leading a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product team.
- Have experience in preparing financial reports for executive leadership teams.
To apply, send a cover letter describing why you’re a great fit for the position, along with your current résumé and salary requirements, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “General Manager Application.” If you’re selected for a followup interview, we’ll let you know within a few weeks.
Based on prior experience, we will receive too many applications to respond to each one individually, but we will update this blog post if the position has been filled.
Roll20 is an equal opportunity employer.
Position filled! Thanks to all who applied!